Some of Virginia’s best wineries can be found in the Shenandoah Valley, attributable to the Valley’s unique climate and soil. They offer a romantic outing for almost any season. Bring a picnic, enjoy a fireside toast, relax in the country settings, or simply taste the offerings of each vineyard.
The Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail features the area’s wine country at its best (http://visitshenandoah.org/Things-To-Do/Shenandoah-Valley-Wine-Trail.aspx). You might also enjoy the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop (http://www.discovershenandoah.com/whiskey-wine-loop/).
Each winery has special events scattered throughout the year, so be sure to check their websites for the latest information. You’ll find the following right here in Shenandoah and Warren Counties:
- Cave Ridge Vineyard – Mt. Jackson 540-477-2585 (http://www.caveridge.com)
- Cedar Creek Winery – Star Tannery 540-436-8394 (http://www.cedarcreekvineyard.com)
- Chester Gap Cellars – Front Royal 540-636-8086 (http://www.chestergapcellars.com)
- Fox Meadow Vineyards – Linden 540-636-6777 (http://foxmeadowwinery.com/)
- Glen Manor Vineyards – Browntown 540-635-6324 (http://glenmanorvineyards.com/)
- Miller Winery Front Royal 540-692-1411 (http://www.millerwinery.com)
- North Mountain Vineyard & Winery – Maurertown 540-436-9463 (http://www.northmountainvineyard.com). North Mountain’s Valley Wine Cellar—their retail outlet—is located in New Market. 540-740-9035.
- Shenandoah Vineyards – Edinburg 540-984-8699 (http://www.shenandoahvineyardsva.com)
- Winery at Kindred Pointe – Mt. Jackson 540-477-3570 (http://www.kindredpointe.com/)
- Wolf Gap Vineyard – Edinburg 540-984-3306 (http://www.wolfgapvineyard.com)