The idea of moving up to a larger home can be an exciting prospect, but here are a few questions to
ask yourself to make sure it is the right decision for you.
* First, and most importantly, do you have sufficient income to afford the additional costs such as higher mortgage, maintenance, property taxes, insurance and moving costs?
* How much equity have you built up in your current home?
* Have you outgrown your neighborhood, want to be in a different school district or want to be closer to your job?
* Are you better off moving rather than remodeling your home?
* Do you need more room or just want a change of scenery?
* How do current interest rates compare to what you’ve been paying on your existing mortgage?
* What do current market conditions look like, and what positive or negative impact will they have on the sale of your home and the purchase price of a new one?
If you are considering moving up, talk to your REALTOR® to help you answer these questions and
guide you through the process.