To keep your wood floors looking and performing well for generations, the National Wood Floor Association recommends the following:
– Use throw rugs inside doorways to prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching your
– Never use vinyl or tile cleaning products on a wood floor.
– Never wet-mop or steam mop a wood floor. Water and steam can dull the finish and can even
damage the wood.
– Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened cloth.
– Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
– Avoid walking on wood floors with sports cleats or high heels.
– When moving heavy furniture, don’t slide it across wood floors.
– Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps.
Routine maintenance of wood floors is simple and easy… just sweep periodically with a soft bristle
broom or dust the floor with a dry microfiber mop to keep the floor clean.