Whether you are planning a move across town or across the country, here are some packing and moving
tips to make your move goes smooth and successful:
• Consider having a yard sale to get rid of unwanted or unused items, including clothing.
• Make sure you have sufficient moving supplies… things like various sized boxes, packing tape, and
• Buy boxes designed especially for moving and make the most of each box… leaving little space, if
any, in it.
• Pack boxes room by room, and label each box, or use different color tape for each room.
• Pack valuables and essentials separately.
• Make use of plastic bins for toys and other items.
• Use stretch wrap to protect your furniture.
• Use cardboard dish pack partitions to pack breakables.
• Have any new furniture delivered directly to your new home.
Of course, professional movers are the best option if you are limited on time but not constrained by a
budget. A moving company can do all the packing for you in addition to moving everything from
point to point, making the move a lot less stressful for you and your family.