Before purchasing a home, a buyer should always ask questions regarding specific aspects of the home such as:
* How long has the home been on the market?
* Has the seller made any major repairs or renovations? And, if so, who did the work… and were permits
* How old is the furnace, air conditioner, water heater and roof? What is their condition?
* Has the home had any foundation problems or water in the basement?
* Has the home required any mold, lead or asbestos removal?
* Has the home ever had any problems with termites or pests?
* What items are included or excluded in the sale?
* What are the annual costs for gas, oil, electric and water?
It’s in your best interest to learn as much as you can about the home you are interested in. To avoid any
surprises, work with your REALTOR® to gather as much information as possible prior to the closing.