Buying your first home is an exciting time, but it also means you’re going to need a few things you might not already
own. Here is a list of the essentials you’ll need:
* A toolbox… since you’ll need a variety of tools to fix things.
* New locks and keys… so you can replace them when you move.
* A plunger. You’ll be happy you bought this when the need arises.
* Cleaning supplies to clean and disinfect your new home.
* A flashlight. Get more than one and store them in easy to find places.
* Step ladders… one for lower… and one for higher heights.
* Extension cords… in a variety of lengths, and for inside and out.
* A fire extinguisher.
* A wet-dry vacuum for your basement, garage, and auto.
* Batteries. Most homeowners keep a supply of AA, AAA, C and D on hand.
* Garbage cans.
* A lawnmower… plus tools to maintain your lawn and yard.
* And finally, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to keep your family safe.
Being a first-time homeowner takes some courage and patience. Don’t hesitate to ask your REALTOR® or family members
for advice and some help along the way if needed.