Before you move, it is important to know what items can’t be moved by professional movers. Here is a list of items
you will have to plan to transport yourself:
* Hazardous materials… like car batteries, fire extinguishers, fertilizer, pesticides, motor oil, and corrosive
* Explosives… things like ammunition, fireworks, and firearms.
* Combustible or flammable items… like paint, gasoline, or propane tanks.
* Power equipment with fuel… this includes motorcycles, lawnmowers, weed eaters and other gas-powered
* Plants… a few moving companies might be willing to move your plants for a short move… but most will
* Non-perishable foods can be transported but perishables are a strict no, even in a short distance move.
* Valuables such as cash, important documents, stock certificates or jewelry also have no place in a moving
van. The same can be said for items of high sentimental value.
* And lastly, pets. Pets can never be transported in a moving truck.
With respect to the items movers can’t move, the reason why usually comes down to federal or state laws… or the
movers simply not being comfortable moving the items.