Things That Can Make Your Home Harder to Sell
Negative first impressions can impact a property’s value and even make it harder to sell. Here are some things that
many buyers see as negative…
– A lack of amenities, like a modern kitchen or outdated appliances.
– A cedar shake roof or a flat roof.
– Wood siding which will require ongoing maintenance.
– Tile flooring that would be difficult to remove.
– An outdated electrical panel that could require costly updates.
– A musty smelling basement – or signs of water in the basement.
– Neglected routine maintenance – like ripped window screens.
– Small closets or a general lack of storage space.
– A yard that is either too large… or too small.
Many homebuyers are strapped for cash when they move and hope to find a “turn-key” home that is updated and
well maintained – so fix anything that’s broken before putting your home on the market to send a signal to buyers
that you’ve done a good job of maintaining the home.