Things to Look for When House Hunting
Finding the home of your dreams is exciting, but when you think you’ve found “the one,” here are a few things to
look closer at to avoid future surprises:
* Check the condition of the windows, making sure they open and close and show no signs of deterioration.
* Check the walls and ceilings, looking for any water stains.
* Make sure the roof is not sagging or showing signs of discoloration or missing shingles.
* Check the water pressure, by turning faucets and showers on and off. Check for any visible cracks in the foundation, sidewalks or driveway.
* Look at the condition of the exterior siding for any cracks or peeling.
* Check that the overhead doors in the garage are in working order and that there is sufficient insulation in the attic or crawl space.
While these are a few things you can look for yourself, it is recommended that you make your offer on the home
contingent on a home inspection by a professional.