Holding a sale to get rid of unwanted household items can take a lot of planning and can be
frustrating if you are not organized. Here are some tips to make your sale successful:
– Pick a good day and time. Saturday mornings and afternoons are the most common.
– Check to see if you’ll need a permit since some communities require them.
– Advertise. Make yard signs, tell your neighbors and advertise on sites like Craigslist.
– Arrange all of your items on tables the night before to make them easier for buyers to view.
– Be sure to have a price tag on each item and price items appropriately
– Greet people as they arrive. Creating a friendly atmosphere for your customers will
encourage them to stay and shop longer.
– Toward the end of your sale, consider offering items at half price or less – and donate any
leftover items to charity.
Having a sale can be hard work, but it is a great way to make a few extra dollars and, more
importantly, it frees up space in your home or garage.